Thursday, July 28, 2011

Entry 124

Entry 124, July 23rd, 2011, 2:17am (GMT +2)



Today we opened the first of the cast's two production shows. I just finished memorizing the hour long show, which is how I've been keeping myself entertained as I've played the show nearly sixty times now. Next is internalizing the different tempos and cue times, so that I don't have to use the click track either. Gotta keep things interesting, after all.



The cast is starting to open up, which is good. A few of them came to the back deck tonight, which was nice although they got a little bit swarmed by potential suitors.



I left back deck early though, after arriving late and drinking only water. We had a late jazz set, and after three days of working almost all day I'm a bit tired. It was a particularly rough night at the jazz set – I didn't feel like I was playing anything well, but I just had to keep going because that's the gig. Later several people came up and thanked us for the excellent music, and I just grinned and bore it. I know that usually you don't sound as bad as you think you do, but that doesn't make it feel any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment