Saturday, July 16, 2011

Entry 115 7.13.11

Entry 115, July 13th, 2011, 11:59pm (GMT +2)



It has been a busy couple of days!



This is the current cast's last week, and so we had a going away costume party for them yesterday. The theme was “The Letter L” . . . which required some ingenuity to make happen, as costume supplies are hard to come by on a cruise ship.



I'm impressed with my shipmates, though – they really came through. Someone found a lion costume backstage, another person came in a leotard, and there were at least two Lady Gagas (one dressed in her caution tape outfit). There was a lady of the night, two leprechauns, a lamp, a pair of extremely amorous and very male lesbians, the love angel, linens . . . you get the idea. After some debate (I rejected “love,” “lipstick,” and “laundry”) I came as a lifeguard. Shoes without socks, swimsuit, RCCL-issued lifejacket, plus sunglasses, and bang! Instant costume.




The plan was to leave that party early and go into Florence the next day, as I was starting to feel a bit sick. I woke up this morning much more sick than I was the night before and decided to bag it. It's just a cold, but I can feel it moving down from my nose into my chest and so things are likely to get worse before they get better. Rob is sick as well, so I read all the lead trumpet parts on the production show tonight. Everything went alright except for “Spinning Wheel” . . . the first C# just didn't happen. I'm closer to being a lead player now than I was a year ago, but I'm still not there yet. There's still a lot of work to do.



Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'm sick as a dog and with any luck I'll feel good enough to get into Rome tomorrow. Need . . . pesto . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment