Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Entry 123 7.22.11

Entry 123, July 22nd, 2011, 12:33am (GMT +2)

You know what's harder than fasting? Eating only the amount of food that you actually require. Fasting is quite easy -- just avoid the mess altogether. But eating a smaller amount than usual is very difficult, because once you've finished your plate the memory of how it was to eat is right at the forefront of your mind and you want to get another one. It is much easer to retionalize the second plate than the first one.

So this is my practice right now. Being present enough during the first plate that I am staisfied with it. Gotta take care of the body, you know.

The new cast install is extra work, but not as much as I feared. We have run one of the shows every morning this week, along with our usual schedule of rehearsals and performances. It is a bit tiring (an extra hour of intense playing on top of everything else) but so far so good. I was starting to see some bad habits develop today at the second show, but that was in my fourth or fifth hour of playing and I was able to nip them in the bud.

The worst part of the install is missing port time. I had to skip Malaga today. Hopefully I can still hit Rome next week. Gotta get that pesto!

No comments:

Post a Comment