Monday, July 11, 2011

Entry 110 7.8.11

Entry 110, July 8th, 2011, 10:20pm (GMT +2)



During today's rehearsal our headliner remarked that we weren't giving him enough energy. “Come on, guys!” One of the horn players remarked under their breath, “Gimme a break, I'm just playing the part.” He didn't mean to, but I think he summarized the problem pretty well. Our job as a band is not just to produce notes in rhythm, but to make good music. The guys in the band don't care for this particular headliner, and so they're not giving him any energy. To me, this seems like the worst of unprofessional behavior – screwing with the music just because of ego – but it isn't my place to call anybody out on it (I am the new guy, after all). I'll be ready to move on after this contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment