Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Entry 106, 7.3.11

Entry 106, July 3rd, 2011, 11:16pm (ship time GMT +2)

Today marks the start of my 9th week in the Mediterranean, or my 18th week on board. I have about twelve more weeks to go, including this one (although they may ask if I can extend; I hear that this happens to musicians). With the two new musicians who signed on today, six of the nine members of the orchestra have rotated during my time here. In two weeks the permanent guitartist, Lubo, comes back, and the permanent tenor player is on in four.

Ben asked me a few weeks ago if I plan on coming back to the Grandeur, as they need to begin looking for a new assistant Musical Director. I told him thanks, but no thanks as I am not planning on coming back here any time soon -- but I realized later that he wasn't offering me the position. He needs to know that I'm not coming back so they can recruit a 2nd trumpet player who is a musical director candidate. It's not a job I wanted anyway; I've got other stuff to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment