Saturday, August 27, 2011

Entry 152 8.27.11

Entry 152, August 27th, 2011, 6:02pm (GMT +2)

It is so windy today that they moved flag parade indoors to the centrum. There's also a great big swell coming out of the Southwest, and the ship hasn't moved around this much since the run North out of Santa Marta. It's been great fun watching all of the passengers bouncing around upstairs. Sometimes the ship rolls, and sometimes it pitches to to the point where the side rail and the horizon form an acute angle. Like I said, great fun -- unless you get seasick. I guess all those hours spent reading in cars cured me of motion sickness.

Later

The stars sparkle differently at sea. I don't know if I've written about this before, but they twinkle quickly and through a wide variety of colors. Red, green, and blue, mainly, but some others as well. It was really odd when I saw it for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment