Friday, August 19, 2011

Entry 144 8.16.11

Entry 144, August 16th, 2011, 12:22am (GMT +2)



What's the best thing about working on a ship with sixty two other nationalities of employee? It's always somebody's independence day, which means there are always reasons to eat good food and drink free beer!



Tonight's party is Indian Independence Night. I've already had some decent Indian food, and I'm about to go back for some beer. All the British people are recoiling in terror at the use of spice and seasonings (oh, the horror!) but I'm loving it. It promises to be a good night, and the back deck is closing forrenovation tomorrow so we're going to make the best of it.



It's a big deal, though. A bunch of guys just passed me in traditional Indian garb. That's not what I would think to bring with me on the ship, but hey I guess they're using it tonight so I've got no room to judge.



Later



Listening to J Dilla at 5am. The night is sacred.


No comments:

Post a Comment