Thursday, August 18, 2011

Entry 143 8.14.11

Entry 143, August 14th, 2011, 10:54pm (GMT +2)



I spent my entire day yesterday working on a new project. I've always loved the work of Hip Hop djs like J Dilla, and yesterday I finally decided to try mixing my own beat.



The thing is, I have no idea how to do it. I imagine that there are bits of hardware and software that are a dj's “instruments,” but I don't have any of those things. What I do have, though, is some basic audio editing software where I can cut, paste, loop, and adjust the levels of balance, pitch, and tempo. I do know that beats were originally created by cutting and splicing bits of tape, so I figure with my software I can replicate that process pretty well. That's what I spent the day doing.



I'm pretty happy with the result:



www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPRvvkqAJj8



It just needs someone to freestyle over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment