Friday, August 26, 2011

Entry 151 8.26.11

Entry 151, August 26th, 2011, 8:41pm (GMT +2)

Whew, it was a hot one today in Palermo. I see more than ever why the siesta is a vital part of Mediterranean culture -- by about 2pm, it's too hot to do anything. I sweat all the way through my pants at the knees at one point. Even now, almost 9pm, and on the ocean, and my M&Ms are melting here on the back deck. It's not Panama hot, but it's pretty warm.

I had fun exploring, though. I found where the interesting bits of Palermo begin . . . you have to walk about fifteen or twenty minutes out of the industrial district (where we're docked) before things get interesting. There are some beautiful things to see, although I didn't have much time today. I did get a chance to spend some time in a huge empty church that I found in some back alley . . . the first time I've been in a church by myself in Europe!

Tonight the cruise division is hosting an ABC party, or "Anything But Clothes." We'll see how that goes . . . I'm off to make a costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment