Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Entry 73 5.25.11

Entry 73, May 25th, 2011, 3:25am (ship time GMT +2)




Blood red moon


leaves trail across waves


Steel hull


slides through the darkness




Dammit, I know I'm drunk when I start writing bad free verse.




I saw not one, not two, but three potential couples having “the discussion” outside of their cabins on the way from my cabin to the crew mess to type this update. You know the discussion I mean, where they define themselves before either heading inside or not. C'mon people, a little subtlety would be appreciated!




I cannot help but feel that some Tao is involved in dancing to loud music while intoxicated. Something in there leads back to the way. I think that all activities that youth engage upon as “dangerous” are actually just reactions to fear of the self. Drinking, rampant sex, drugs, overeating, video games . . . they are all just ways of temporarily escaping the self. We all are afraid of the self, but dancing while intoxicated helps us forget to be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment