Sunday, April 24, 2011

Entry 43 4.19.11

Entry 43, April 19th, 2011, 10:38pm (ship time, GMT -5)




Today was a beautiful day. It was a sea day as we made the crossing from Colombia to Jamaica, and with the moderate breeze the weather was just about perfect on the back deck. Usually the sea is a bit rough, but today is was as smooth as one could ask for on the ocean. I sat out on the back deck and wrote for a few hours before going to practice.




I've been writing a lot lately, perhaps about a thousand words a day. Most of this is due to a book by Steven King called “On Writing.” If you are ever interested in writing fiction, I cannot recommend this book to you highly enough. Nothing I've written has been good enough to show anyone yet, but it is improving bit by bit.




About an hour ago I noticed that we had reached Jamaica even though I was down in my cabin. The motion of the ship changes when we're under the protection of the coastline. Montego Bay is on the Northwest corner of the island (if I remember correctly) and so we have to sail along the coast for a fair bit to reach it. I may take a trip inland to visit the Twisted Kilt, an Irish hamburger joint of great repute, but that depends on my rehearsal schedule tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment