Friday, April 22, 2011

Entry 41 4.16.11

Entry 41, April 16th, 2011, 7:12pm (ship time, GMT -5)




I ran a 5k on the treadmill today, for a time of 28'33”. Not particularly great, but considering I haven't run a 5k in at least a year I'm not too unhappy with it. Hopefully that time will keep getting better, now that I'm settling into my workout routine on board. I've been rotating three different workouts, which I think is enough to keep me from getting bored.




It has been a difficult week for sleep because my roommate is the manager on call for the stage staff department this cruise. That means his pager is liable to go off at pretty much any hour of the night or day, particularly during that period between 8am and noon that is a musician's prime sleep time. On the plus side, I've been drinking a lot less this week, so while I am tired I haven't been hung over. It balances out (sort of).




I've been considering switching to the 4/4 sleep schedule. This means I would sleep from 4am until 8am, and again from noon until 4pm. It would make sense for practicing, as the availability of backstage room to practice gets more and more unpredictable as the day goes on (while in the morning it is usually free). The last time I ran this schedule was during a summer program in high school, and it worked reasonably well. My body chemistry has changed a lot since then, though, so it may not work any more.

2 comments:

  1. ok..context..im on my cousins bf apartment, theyre sleeping next to me..im on a sleeping bag next to them, its 6 am..we already watched 2 horror movies..im holding a bottle of beer,im not sleepy and..i miss ship life but i dont want to go to freedom. miss u guys. miss you. omg im lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll send you some mess food and that'll cure you of any desire to be on ships again!

    ReplyDelete