Monday, September 26, 2011

Entry 179 9.27.11

Entry 179, September 27th, 2011, 12:22am (GMT +2)



I went looking for a haircut today in Barcelona. There's a little shop I went to last time where a Saudi Arabian guy gave me a great haircut for only 5 euro. I remember it being near a church . . . but here in Europe that doesn't narrow it down very much. For a largely secular continent, Europe has a shitload of churches.



I didn't find it, but I did get lost of to the West of La Rambla, which was probably more fun anyway. I saw lots of interesting things – my favorite was the scooter messenger wearing a yellow winged helmet. He looked like a modern day Hermes.



I also passed a restaurant that I'll be back to in La Bocqueria. Immediately inside the entrance and all the way to the left of the huge outdoor market is a place called “Universal Kiosko.” It's open air with bar and table seating, and all the food is cooking right in front of your nose. You have to fairly aggressive to get a seat, but the delicious smells are unbelievable. The Barcelona equivalent of the Carnegie deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment