Friday, March 23, 2012

Camino Entry 18

Day 18, December 12th, 2011
357.6km completed

I managed to get four or five good hours of sleep in the cave, all in hourly increments. I walked the train tracks in the moonlight at 4am back to Estación La Peña, nearly getting run over by a freight train in the process (mental note – don’t do that again). There was still no food (bakery’s closed today as well) and no signs of life. I decided to press on rather than spend another night here as there is no food and no shelter . . . I’m on the outskirts of Ena now at around 11:30am and I still haven’t seen a living soul all day. I gotta find some food . . . visions of Börek, eggs, chocolate, and other such things are floating through my head.

Expenses, Day 18:
None
Trip Total: 386.64

No comments:

Post a Comment